Bardia National Park is the largest and most undisturbed wild area of the Terai region of the Nepal Himalayas. Similar to Chitwan park, but with a drier climate and a more remote location, Bardia encompasses 1,000-sq-kms of riverine grassland and sal forests.
The Terai or lowland hills and valleys of southern Nepal, nowhere over 1,000 feet in elevation, extend all along the Indian border. The Terai once supported a healthy wildlife population in a habitat of 25-foot high elephant grass and dense hardwood forests, but had very few people, due to virulent malarial mosquitos.
Bardia was a royal hunting reserve of Nepal’s Rana rulers from 1846 to 1950. In Nepal, wildlife lost whatever protection the royal hunting reserve conveyed when the Rana rule ended in the 1950’s. A well-meaning malaria eradication program in the 1950’s and 1960’s opened the terai for settlement, and transformed about 75% of the native Terai to agricultural land. Wildlife populations declined with the combination of increased settlement and widespread poaching. Bardia was declared a wildlife reserve in 1976, first measuring 134 sq miles and expanded in 1985 to 374 sq miles.
Day 01: Arrival-Relax in Tharu bar/ Discover Tharu life and culture/ Visit to Tharu Museum/ Visit to Crocodile Breeding Center/ Dinner
Day 02: Wake-up Call / Breakfast / Elephant back safari/ Lunch/ Jungle Walk/ Dinner
Day 03: Wake-up Call/ Breakfast/ Tiger Tracking & Bird Watching/ Lunch/ Jeep Drive/ Dinner
Day 04: Wake-up Call/ Breakfast/ Visit to Karnali River for Dolphin Sightseeing/ Lunch/ Departure for onward Journey
Note: Programs and Timings may vary according to change in season or during unforeseen circumstances
• Land transportation to and from Kathmandu/ Ambassa
• All jungle activities as per the program
• Bardia National park permit
• Hotel/resort accommodations as per the program
• 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
• An experienced escort safari guide during the trip
• Guide insurance and salary
• All applicable taxes including VAT
• Transportation to and from Kathmandu by domestic flight or private Car
• Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry
• Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects
• Tips & Gratuities.